Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Karen and the Opera

A word from Lil' O about Karen:

Karen has been my best friend since college. She is one of the most brilliant people I know. Her mind is fascinating, she's endlessly funny and you could wrap the whole world up in her heart it's so big. Her aunt Lanie is a beautiful opera singer and her partner Paula is a composer. Here's where her $20 went~


Karen's Story:
I donated your $20 to a workshop for Paula's new opera, The Bridge of San Luis Rey (based on the magnificent Thornton Wilder novel). Lanie reports that the workshop last weekend in Amherst, Mass. was extremely invigorating. So Paula thanks you, Lanie thanks you, and I, as always, thank you. I've also attached a picture of the lovely evening at Lanie and Paula's apartment when I first donated the money to the opera.

No comments: